List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: ubimkvol -m and ubiformat
From:       "Paul B. Henson" <henson () acm ! org>
Date:       2013-05-24 22:48:55

On 5/24/2013 12:22 AM, Baruch Siach wrote:

> I've take a short look at the mtd-utils code, and doesn't looks so hard to
> implement in Busybox. From the code it looks like you may even be able to
> calculate the volume size in a shell script (by parsing the UBI sysfs
> entries), and then give that size to the already implemented -s option. So
> maybe adding this convenience option to Busybox is not worth it.

Hmm, I didn't realize the necessary information was in the sysfs
hierarchy, I will take a look at that. If it's not too difficult, it
might be cleaner to just go ahead and add it to busybox so it matches
the normal utility and so people like me that don't think about using
shell scripts and sysfs nodes don't lose out ;). I'll post a patch for
consideration once I have time to work on it.

Any thoughts on adding ubiformat?

Thanks…