List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: /sbin/reboot does SIGINT and not SIGTERM?
From:       Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-18 0:29:44

On Thursday 17 May 2012 05:06, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> I was trying to get rcK to run to shutdown gracefully and noticed that
> the inittab should use SHUTDOWN for the action.  If I run /sbin/reboot
> this causes a SIGINT, which doesn't cause the rcK to get run.  If I do
> kill -15 1 then rcK gets run and I get a reboot.
>
> Is this the intended action for /sbin/reboot or am I doing something
> wrong here?  poweroff also doesn't do SIGTERM for init.

Looks like you are using /sbin/reboot which is not from busybox.

Busybox code:

        static const smallint signals[] = { SIGUSR1, SIGUSR2, SIGTERM };

        int delay = 0;
        int which, flags, rc;

        /* Figure out which applet we're running */
        for (which = 0; "hpr"[which] != applet_name[0]; which++)
                continue;

Thus, SIGUSR1, SIGUSR2, SIGTERM are sent by halt, poweroff and reboot.

SIGINT is sent to init by Ctrl-Alt-Del (on x86).

> I'm using Busybox 1.19.4.  My relevant inittab lines are:
>
> # Stuff to do for the 3-finger salute
> ::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/reboot

Looks like in your case Ctrl-Alt-Del will cause SIGINT,
which in turn will cause /sbin/reboot to be run.
If your /sbin/reboot is from bbox, it should send SIGTERM.

--
vda