List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: OTP feature for /bin/login
From:       Tito <farmatito () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2012-05-11 20:05:52

On Friday 11 May 2012 20:20:38 Sven-G=F6ran Bergh wrote:
> [...]

snip

> =

> Again, I do not see the need for any clients.
> BB is very popular on embedded devices and that's where the
> server (verifier) comes to play. OTP clients belong on desktops
> (or smart phones) and there are already plenty of alternatives
> there, so why bloat BB with an OTP client?

For a simple reason that you will end up supporting
all clients out there if you have not a reference
to show that your OTP server implementation works
(for the same reason I suppose the author felt
the need to post motpgen here: to show that it works).

> >>  I think that many of the reactions to the OTP patch confuse
> >>  it with an entire OTP framework: client, server, all kinds
> >>  of delivery utils, etc. It is not! It is just the most
> >>  essential part of the server needed to generate the PIN and
> >>  verifying the response. Nothing else, lean and simple.
> =

Now it is the time for the maintainer to speak.

Ciao,
Tito