List:       busybox
Subject:    busybox dpkg creating empty .list files
From:       Christopher Piggott <cpiggott () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-22 16:44:24

Hi,

I'm using 1.18.5 but near as I can tell the feature I am having
trouble with hasn't been changed.

dpkg -i something.deb  is giving me strange results - for most of my
packages, it's creating a zero-length xxxx.list file.

I narrowed it down to the section of code that generates the file:

        while (archive_handle->dpkg__sub_archive->passed) {
               /* the leading . has been stripped by
data_extract_all_prefix already */
                fputs(archive_handle->dpkg__sub_archive->passed->data,
out_stream);
                fputc('\n', out_stream);
                archive_handle->dpkg__sub_archive->passed =
archive_handle->dpkg__sub_archive->passed->link;
        }
        fclose(out_stream);

The while loop executes zero times.  My deb does in fact have files in
it, and they get placed properly.  I can't figure out exactly how
'passed' gets populated - something having to do with the filter.

What my deb doesn't have is a conffiles or md5sums.

Something has changed, because this used to work.  Is md5sums now required?

--Chris