List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Help text for pivot_root
From:       Rich Felker <dalias () aerifal ! cx>
Date:       2011-11-06 20:48:40

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 08:51:40PM +0100, Ralf Friedl wrote:
> Could you add something like this to the help text for pivot_root?
> It would have saved me quite some time when I removed pivot_root
> from a 2.6 system that needed it.

Could you explain? I can't see any reason it would be useful on a
system that's not doing some kind of initial boot on a filesystem
that's not going to be its eventual root. Indeed it need not be
initramfs, so that should probably be clarified in the text, but I
don't think your suggested text improves the situation much..

Rich