List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Getty and PPP
From:       Harald Becker <ralda () gmx ! de>
Date:       2011-09-27 21:38:23

 Hallo Denys!

On 26.09.2011 19:41, Peter LaDow wrote:
> getty -i -h -n -I 'ATE0Q1&D2&C1S0=1\015' -l /usr/bin/startppp 115200 /dev/ttyS1
>
> Is there any reason that getty would not wait?  I don't have the '-L'
> so it seems it should wait for carrier detect.

Usage: getty [OPTIONS] BAUD_RATE TTY [TERMTYPE]

Open a tty, prompt for a login name, then invoke /bin/login

   -I INITSTR   Send INITSTR before anything else

As a suggestion -- could be better to cange this to read:

   -I INITSTR   Send terminal INITSTR before anything else

or

   -I INITSTR   Send terminal (NOT modem) INITSTR before anything else

or

   -I INITSTR   Send terminal INITSTR before anything else (NOT for modem)

What do you think about this? (sorry can't provide patch at the moment).

--
Harald