List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Fwd: unable to mount loop device
From:       Harald Becker <ralda () gmx ! de>
Date:       2011-09-18 18:16:42

 Hi!

On 18.09.2011 19:42, mehdi karamnejad wrote:
> well as you told omitting the GNUish extension solved the problem :
> $ mount -t ext2 -o loop /image_holder/boot/imgfile.img
> /path/to/mount/point
> so can't we specify the loop device we want to use using this syntax?

Correct, it auto selects the first free loop device. For normal usage
that is what you want to do and you need not to know which loop device
is actually used for mounting an image file.

Where did you get this "-o loop=LOOPDEVICE" from? Have you used that on
the same kernel version as your failing system now? The normal behavior
of mount is to pass those options to the kernel where they are handled.
So could it be a difference in kernel versions that blocks the (possibly
new/extended) loop mounting syntax? Have you any references for this
extended syntax?

--
Harald