List:       busybox
Subject:    possible bug with start-stop-daemon and --test?
From:       Ed W <lists () wildgooses ! com>
Date:       2011-03-31 15:24:40

Hi, the "full-fat" version of start-stop-daemon tends to be used in init
scripts using the --test option to see if the daemon is actually running
or crashed.  This isn't obviously working as expected for me with
busybox-1.18.3 ?

  $ start-stop-daemon -K --test --pidfile /tmp/my.pid && echo true
  stopped process in pidfile '/tmp/my.pid' (pid 999999999)
  true

I think the current behaviour isn't expected (man page says it should
return non zero)?  Would a fix be straightforward?

Thanks

Ed W