List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: runit
From:       Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-12-27 1:08:54

On Sunday 26 December 2010 05:56, David Henderson wrote:
> I sent an email a few days ago asking for anyone's help on locating
> someone to contact for the runit project (that was linked to from the
> busybox website).  Unfortunately I didn't get any response to that
> question, but after further review of the busybox config, it appears
> that it has the ability built in.  Is this a minimal version of runit
> just as the other options are?

busybox has chpst, runsv, runsvdir, sv, and svlogd tools from
runit package. The tools are fully functional, they are not "minimal".

busybox doesn't have runit tool per se. Patches are welcome.

> I'm interested in using this system over
> standard init, but reading through the documentation on the runit
> website is rather difficult.  Does busybox provide any better
> documentation on using that system or is anyone available to help me to
> better understand it?

Please see examples/var_service/README and examples/var_service/*
for examples how to use runsv, runsvdir, sv, and svlogd.

--
vda