List:       busybox
Subject:    could someone explain please?
From:       "David Collier" <from_busybox_maillist () dexdyne ! com>
Date:       2010-11-30 12:09:00

I ran udhcpc -f

it all seems to be fine - it obtained a lease for 10 mins, and
auto-renews it after 5.

by the way - is this message when it gets a lease to be ignored?

    route: SIOCDELRT: No such process

But when it first renews I see this message

    Process 800 died: No such process; trying to remove PID file.
    (/var/run//avahi-autoipd.eth0.pid)

on subsequent renewals I see in the same place in the sequence ---

    Failed to kill daemon: No such file or directory

if I look about I can see...

~ # find / |grep avahi-autoipd
/etc/avahi/avahi-autoipd.action
/tmp/avahi-autoipd
/tmp/avahi-autoipd/00:90:46:20:01:05
/var/lib/avahi-autoipd
/usr/sbin/avahi-autoipd

man avahi-autoipd says it is used if there is no dhcp central server -
which of course in my case there is(?)

so what is this about? and does it require any change from me?

Thanks

David