List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: debian (lenny) installer via serial console does not support
From:       Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-24 0:41:37

On Saturday 23 October 2010 16:55, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> Or, enable CRTSCTS, if available:
>
> 	http://bugs.debian.org/528560
>
> Now, this is only _one_ of the numerous debian busybox patches.  This
> tar-ball:
>
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/busybox/busybox_1.17.1-6.debian.tar.gz
>
> (part of debian/patches/series) shows:
>
> ---8<---
> doc-man-name.patch
> shell-ash-export-HOME.patch
> applets-fallback.patch
> version.patch
> init-console.patch
> strip.patch
> make_gen_build_files_skip_quilt.patch
>
> # The following patches have been merged upstream and will be in version 1.18
> [...]
>
> # The following patches will likely be merged soon
> u-mount-FreeBSD-support.patch
> swaponoff-FreeBSD-support.patch
>
> # not sent upstream
> init-console-CRTSCTS.patch
> --->8---
>
> I didn't check, but from what I gather _not all_ those patches are applied
> upstream.  Would be interesting to know which one(s) are
> acceptable/arguable/inacceptable.

applets-fallback.patch - needs explaining what it achieves

init-console.patch - needs explaining why this is necessary

make_gen_build_files_skip_quilt.patch
	- needs to add comment and use less mind-bending escaping (.\?\* - ???)

shell-ash-export-HOME.patch - exports PATH. bash doesn't do it. Why?

strip.patch - why? it seems to work fine as-is

swaponoff-FreeBSD-support.patch, u-mount-FreeBSD-support.patch - big, needs review

version.patch - why?

The rest was already in git, or has been pushed to git.

--
vda