List:       busybox
Subject:    DHCP relay on an embedded platform
From:       Roman Mashak <roman_mashak () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-16 14:23:41

Hello,

Searching in mailing list and bugtrack unfirtunately didn't help to find any useful \
information on the topic.
I have an embedded platform running Linux 2.6 and busybox-1.7, where I enabled DHCP \
relay feature, recompiled and installed successfully. But the relay seems not to work \
as expected; below is the network map and interfaces:
PC-----[vlan1 embedded device vlan2]-----DHCP-server--

Embedded device with two interfaces:
vlan1 192.168.2.10  LAN
vlan2 192.168.1.1
DHCP server (192.168.1.150) is located on vlan2 segment. No dhcp daemon, only DHCP \
relay on the device is being run as:
# /usr/sbin/dhcprelay vlan1 vlan2 192.168.1.150

Windows PC runs DHCP client, sends query, and I capture traffic on vlan2, but see no \
DHCP activity (though I believe the box should aat least send one unicast with source \
IP 192.168.1.1 to destination 192.168.1.150).
Am I doing something wrong, or the relay daemon in this particular busybox version is \
faulty?
Would very much appreciate any comments and helpful advices!

Best regards, Roman