List:       busybox
Subject:    Remaining patches for Hurd and FreeBSD support
From:       Jeremie Koenig <jk () jk ! fr ! eu ! org>
Date:       2010-07-29 2:29:46

Hi everyone,

These are the remaining patches of my FreeBSD/Hurd series.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 01:00:42AM +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> Applied most of them, thanks!
>
> Not applied:
>
> 0001-update-scripts-kconfig-_shipped.patch:
> 	contains trailing whitespace

Trailing whitespace removed.

> 0009-klogd-support-dev-klog-in-addition-to-klogctl.patch
> 	No obvious problems with it, but let's take
> 	only simple patches in this batch...

Ok, resubmitted.

> 0011-stty-fix-undefined-IDX_-on-missing-termios-constants.patch
> 	#if TABDLY etc  are probably meant to be #ifdef TABDLY?
> 	also contains trailing whitespace

Trailing whitespace removed.

The "#if TABDLY" and such are actually intended, because the missing
constants are redefined to 0 in the middle of the file (see 8971cdae).

> 0012-cttyhack-serial-console-detection-is-Linux-specific.patch
> 	You lose "else":
> +#ifdef TIOCGSERIAL
>                 if (ioctl(0, TIOCGSERIAL, &u.sr) == 0) {
>                         /* this is a serial console */
>                         sprintf(console + 8, "S%d", u.sr.line);
> -               } else if (ioctl(0, VT_GETSTATE, &u.vt) == 0) {
> +               }
> +#endif
> +#ifdef __linux__
> +               if (ioctl(0, VT_GETSTATE, &u.vt) == 0) {
>                         /* this is linux virtual tty */
>                         sprintf(console + 8, "S%d" + 1, u.vt.v_active);
>                 }
> +#endif
> 	You can avoid this problem by adding dummy
> 	"if (0) {}" at the top, and using "else if"
> 	in every #if block.

Fixed the way you suggested.

> 0013-bootchartd-mounting-tmpfs-is-Linux-specific.patch
> 	Is bootchartd even runnable on non-linux?
> 	It depends on /proc structure... so what's the point
> 	in making it portable?

I must confess I did not try it, but both FreeBSD and Hurd have a /proc
filesystem. The FreeBSD one is rather complete, only /proc/diskstat is
missing I think, as far as bootchartd is concerned.

Anyway, porting mount will probably involve an xmount() function in
libbb or something. This would allow us to use it to mount a tmpfs
in a more portable way.

> 0015-vlock-disable-linux-console-calls-on-other-systems.patch
> 	Same. Isn't vlock linux specific anyway?

The "degraded" vlock can still be somewhat useful if you want to lock a
single VT or an SSH connection. But I can certainly live without it.

I have resubmitted these last two anyway for publicness and archival
purposes.

Thanks again for your review,
--
Jérémie Koenig <jk@jk.fr.eu.org>