List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: httpd line length limit for CGIs?
From:       Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-19 12:08:13

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Alexander Kriegisch
<Alexander@kriegisch.name> wrote:
> As I said before, Marco: I am delivering an on-the-fly unencrypted text
> file. Javascript compression + obfucation only applies to the plain text
> source code as such, the result is still plain text, just shorter variable
> names, fewer or zero line breaks, less white space.
>
> But anyway, I am writing this message to officially announce that I am
> stupid. The only good thing about it is that you guys also did not notice it
> at once because it was too simple: My shell script was not setting the
> content type. With the old version of the HTML doc, this was no problem, but
> obviously with the new one. So my script should look like this to be working
> like a charm:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> echo  -en "Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1\r\n\r\n"
> uudecode /my/file/name -o - | bzcat

Try just   echo -en "\r\n" .... CGI output must finish header
output, in minimal case by prinitng one empty line.

For example, networking/httpd_post_upload.txt says:

# CGI output must start with at least empty line (or headers)
printf '\r\n'

(printf is just more portable than echo -ne)

--
vda