List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Trying to cross build busybox with ELDK 4.2
From:       Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-28 10:37:12

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Reinhard Thies <Reinhard.Thies@web.de> wrote:
>> You just ran "env - PATH=$PATH make" without trying to figure out
>> what's wrong, right?
>>
>> You need to find out how your environment ended up polluted,
>> not just blindly use a workaround.
>>
> You doing me wrong. The only thing you are rigth with is that I am nearly
> blind. I tried to figure out but was not able to find .

If "env - PATH=$PATH make" works and just "make" does not,
next stp is to remove variables from the environment
one-by-one and find out which one is causing trouble.
One possible method is:
"env -u VAR1 -u VAR2 make"

When you will find it, please let me know which variable it was.

>> Did you notice that this isn't an _error_ message?
> Sorry, no I didn't. If I did I hadn't asked.
>
> So what is it telling me ?

That final link step was done with libm only, libcrypt
was not needed.
--
vda