List:       busybox
Subject:    RE: Telnetd: cannot find free ptys..
From:       "Coleman Brumley" <coleman.brumley () jandasoft ! biz>
Date:       2009-09-23 16:56:21

>I had similar problems. To fix it I had to create directory /dev/pts.

If you're not using devpts, then you need to manually create the /dev/pts
entries with something like:

for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
do
    /bin/mknod /dev/ttyp$i c 3 $i
    /bin/mknod /dev/ptyp$i c 2 $i
done

I made sure that CONFIG_FEATURE_DEVPTS was not set in the BusyBox .config
before running make.
The devpts file system was not configured in my kernel, so I knew I didn't
want it in BusyBox either.
As far as I can tell, telnetd is the only BusyBox module that relies on this
setting.

I have a write up about this at http://coleman.jandasoft.biz/?p=40

Regards,
Coleman