List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: can we mount disk with label by mdev
From:       loody <miloody () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-18 8:04:33

Hi:

2009/8/13 walter harms <wharms@bfs.de>:

> loody schrieb:
>> Hi:

>>> hi Loody,
>>> would a UUID also helpful ? We have a tool for UUID in place.
>>> BB has already some e2tools i do not know if they include e2label.
>>> but there is already a findfs where you identify a fs by label.
>> thanks for your reply :)
>> I study the usage of findfs.
>>     findfs LABEL=label or UUID=uuid
>> But I have no idea what is the label of the usb plug in, that means
>> findfs seems not suitable me.
>>
>> What I want to do is any usb with different label plugs in, I can
>> create the file having the same name as the label and mount it.
>
> the idea was that findfs may offer a way to get the label. it now searches
> for label in attached devices. what means it must have a way to read the label
> what is actualy what you want (for a single device).
>
> e2label will set a label for a given (ext2) system.
> mdev should give you same information about the attached device in $MDEV
>
> this may help also:
> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/busybox/2006-August/023615.html
>
>> BTW, I found the letter below:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/busybox@busybox.net/msg07501.html
>> it seems busyboy has implemented the blkid, but I cannot find it in menuconfig.
>> Is the above link wrong or I miss something?
>> appreciate your help,
Thanks for your help.
I have find the function I need.
But I have several questions:
1. why we declare variables like below:
	char *uuid = uuid; /* for compiler */
	char *label = label;
(is this special for compiling?)
2. does mdev.conf support "\d" metadata?
since "sd[a-zA-Z]\d+ 0:0 0660 * xxxxxxxxx" does not work
but"sd[a-zA-Z][0-9+ 0:0 0660 * xxxxxxxxx" works.
doest that mean xregcomp doesn't support metadata?
appreciate your all kind help:)
miloody