List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Running Standalone Mode
From:       Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-28 1:42:48

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 1:32 AM, Rich Jones<rich@anomos.info> wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> I have a question about using BB in "standalone shell" mode.. hope
> this isn't too noobish for you. What's I'd like is behavior along the
> lines of
> $ ./busybox sh -standalone

This is a build-time switch, not runtime. You need to compile busybox
with "exec prefer applets" and "standalone shell" options on.
Then sh will run applets even if they do not exist in $PATH.
You won't need to give it any special options for that.

> and then be able to run busybox commands like
> $ tftp

Yes.

> But the wording on the FAQ has made me a bit confused.

Which fragment exactly is confusing?

> How can I
> access this mode? In my embedded environment, I do have access to
> /proc and I can export PATHs, but I can't add links to bin.
>
> Can somebody hold my hand through this? ./busybox ash in a terminal
> seems to create the process, but this doesn't allow me to run the bbox
> commands.

Looks like stadalone mode is off in build configuration.
(Or you found a bug :)

Post your .config file please.
--
vda