List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [Bulk] Re: Wonky Ping (ping don't work)
From:       Chris Plasun <chrispl78 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-04-21 21:53:03

> > > The configured address on eth0 is definitely a configuration error:
> > > If you use eth1 for connection, eth0 is better be deconfigured and
> > > downed. You need to find out why on every boot up it gets configured
> > > in the first place - is some script uses hardcoded "eth0" somewhere?
> >
> > Yes, eth0 is down now and everything works. I noticed there's nothing in the
> routing table.
> >
> > I figure I should look in /etc/rc.d/rcS?
>
> No, you need to look what udhcpc script does.

Ah, where is this script? What is rcS?

> Either it is failing to set route, or somehow
> downing eth0 removed the route for eth1 too.
>
> Test this theory by killing and restarting udhcpc.
> If route is back, then script is ok.

*****I did that and it looks like this problem is solved! ****

I just experimented for 20 minutes and while I don't really understand how
the IP routing table is used, the internal connectivity problem occurs if :
  - eth0 is up
  - eth0 subnet mask is the same as eth1
  - eth0 is defined first, above eth1

If eth0 has a different subnet mask then there is no problem.

I systematically reproduce the issue and so it looks like problem is solved!

Thanks guys!

Where do I send all the beers?

cp