List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Question about busybox telnet command
From:       walter harms <wharms () bfs ! de>
Date:       2009-02-23 20:23:41

Hi Max,
 i have a theory,
 you screenshot shows that the cursor is in the next line,
 so it looks that it get a "\n" (LineFeed).
 But perhaps you are talking to a dosbox that needs a "\r\n" (CR\LF).
 Because the never sees the \r it does not echo the commands and does actually
 nothing.

perhaps you can try something like:
echo -e "3 @ 50\r\n" | nc 192.168.1.104 3100

(nc is netcat, i see no authentication so i hope that it works of cause i could not
test) If this works it would offer the opportunity to programm that beast very easy
using a simple shell script :)
If this does not work in the first attempt you may try "\n\r".
If everything breaks, use "tcpdump" to sniff the tcp connection like
tcpdump -i <interface> -vvv host 192.168.1.104 mostlikely this will be not on your
phone you may need a "full" linux computer for that.

note: the usual disclaimer applies, if you blow up your device you are on your own \

re,
 wh