List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: shell script implementation of man
From:       "Vladimir Dronnikov" <dronnikov () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-30 10:52:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> On Wednesday 19 November 2008 15:26, Vladimir Dronnikov wrote:
> > I think there is a bunch of such useful scripts. They are smaller than
> their
> > C implementation and are extremely useful. The question still exists
> where
> > to place them in the building tree?
>
> I guess examples/* would do.

examples/* are way unstructured. I think it would be more useful to maintain
a sample root filesystem under examples/. Say, we now have acpid. Then
examples/etc/acpi/* should contain working scripts. So that people could
just copy them and they worked out-of-box.
I think some kind of "meta busybox" project could be started which could
accumulate people's knowledge in sense of supplement scripts and
configuration files used with busybox.

What do you think?

--
Vladimir