List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: yet another init question
From:       "Steve Iribarne (GMail)" <netstv () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-31 15:09:46

<egg on face> I figured it out.

Well it seems way back when (1.2.1 days) I ran "make busybox.links"

Well in my wisdom back then I must have thought ... "Oh I'll never
need to do that again".

Well when I made this new one.. I never made the busybox.links file
again.  Hence no links created.

The joys of ramdisk.

Thanks vda for the replace in ramdisk idea.  That got me started in
the right direction.

So here is what I did to solve the issue just in case someone ever sees this.

1st.   untar busybox
2nd.  make menuconfig and set cross compile and various options I want.
3rd.  make
4th.  make busybox.links
5th added the line "for link in ${BUSYBOX_LINKS}; do ln -s
/bin/busybox ${ROOT}$$link; done" in my makefile.
BUSYBOX_LINKS points to my busybox.links file and ROOT points to the
ramdisk location before I compress it.

Thanks again both vda and Rob for helping.

-stv

--
/*
 * Steve Iribarne