List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: insmod broken in 1.12.0
From:       Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-31 21:58:41

On Friday 29 August 2008 13:43, Tobias Poschwatta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it seems, the new insmod fails if there's no /lib/modules/`uname -r`
> and/or the module file is in a different directory.

Looks like "standard" insmod works the same?

# /app/module-init-tools-0.9.15-pre2/sbin/insmod camellia
insmod: can't read 'camellia': No such file or directory

# ./busybox insmod camellia
insmod: can't read 'camellia': No such file or directory

(I fixed a small bug where failure to opme wasn't detected)

> The following 'workaround' seems to work:
> mkdir -p /lib/modules/`uname -r`
> cp x.ko /lib/....
> depmod
> modprobe x

Ss, is it a bug in modprobe, not insmod?
--
vda