List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Wget PASV parsing
From:       Richard Kojedzinszky <krichy () tvnetwork ! hu>
Date:       2007-11-26 8:46:46

Dear Ralf,

Not the gw is badm because the original wget works right. What happens, is
that the ftp-proxy answers the PASV command, not the real ftp server. And
in such a situation, the returned address is the gw's inner address, which
was not handled correctly by busybox's wget. Of course, you can emulate
this in linux also, just install ftp-proxy (on debian etch)
$ apt-get install ftp-proxy
do little configuration, then make a redirection as:
$ iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -i eth1 -p tcp --dport 21 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.1.1:2121
192.168.1.1 is the gw's inner address.

Anyway, why is an ip there in PASV's reply? Of course its there to use it.

Regards,
Kojedzinszky Richard
TvNetWork Nyrt. E-mail: krichy (at) tvnetwork [dot]
hu PGP: 0x24E79141
   Fingerprint = 6847 ECFF EF58 0C09 18A5  16CF 270F 0C6F 24E7 9141