List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Socket: Function not implemented errors in Busybox 1.6.1
From:       Andrew McKay <amckay () iders ! ca>
Date:       2007-07-18 21:33:45

Denis Vlasenko wrote:
>> I have tested the busybox executable after being built with the following
>> command line, note that have the config file set up to build it
>> statically at
>> this point:
>>         make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- V=1 all
>>
>> The resulting stripped Busybox executable is around 1.5MB.  It
>> executes fine,
>> and all socket operations work exactly as expected.
>>
>> However, when I install the executable to my root filesystem with the
>> following
>> command:
>>         make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- V=1 CONFIG_PREFIX=/rootfs/ install
>
> Tried to reproduce, but it does not happen to me. You need to look
> deeper I'm afraid. Maybe use make -d to see why it rebuilds busybox?
> (Although output is plain scary...)
> --

Thanks for the reply, I got side tracked today with some other tasks,  but I've
just gotten things working.  It was a mistake on my end.  I have one script that
builds all the sources for my ramdisk, and another script that installs the
sources for my ramdisk.  I had their PATH variables set differently and pointing
to two different cross compilers.  Busybox was being compiled by the right
compiler, but when 'make install' was called, the other compiler thought it
hadn't linked busybox, and relinked it.  The other compiler also had different
Kernel Headers, so I think that's why it was broken.  I fixed up my scripts and
everything is working fine now.

Thanks for your time, and sorry for the noise.

Andrew McKay
Iders Inc.