List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Busybox & memory
From:       Alex Kums <alex_x1980 () tut ! by>
Date:       2007-06-29 12:45:10

Thu, 21 Jun 2007 23:08:56 +0200, Denis Vlasenko <vda.linux@googlemail.com>
писал(а):

Hi.

>>Of course, if your particular NOMMU arch cannot share text/rodata section
of several instances of running executables, then you have to split
busybox to avoid having duplicate code loaded.

With 'ps' (VSZ section) I found that each instance of busybox - syslogd,
crond, inetd eat ~2Mb of memory. Does it mean that my arch (btw, ARM CPU
at91rm9200) doesn't support things you said, and I should split busybox
into small parts ?

BTW, what about the feature 'Split busybox into standalone programs' in
config ?

Thanks.

Spam from tut.by goes here ==>

-------