List:       busybox
Subject:    RE: busybox r18513: [ 10 -gt 1000 ] is true?
From:       "Jan Evert van Grootheest" <Jan-Evert.van.Grootheest () Vialis ! nl>
Date:       2007-04-27 4:47:25

> Van: busybox-bounces@busybox.net
> [mailto:busybox-bounces@busybox.net] Namens Clem Taylor
>
> I upgraded from a 20070312 snapshot to r18513 because of
> problems with some applets printing the wrong usage. The
> usage problem is gone, but my startup scripts started doing
> weird things.
>
> It seems that ash now does the following:
> [ 10 -gt 10 ] && echo "10 gt 10"
> [ 10 -gt 100 ] && echo "10 gt 100"
> [ 10 -gt 1000 ] && echo "10 gt 1000"
> [ 10 -gt 10000 ] && echo "10 gt 10000"
> [ 10 -gt 100000 ] && echo "10 gt 100000"
> [ 10 -gt 1000000 ] && echo "10 gt 1000000"
> [ 10 -gt 10000000 ] && echo "10 gt 10000000"
>
> This shouldn't print anything, but instead it prints:
> 10 gt 10000000
>
> Which is a really weird way to fail. If I use /usr/bin/test
> instead of the builtin '[', I see the same behavior. I tried
> turning off the CONFIG_*_64 options, but the problem is still
> present. I'm using mips/uclibc, but the problem also happens
> on x86/glibc.

With 1.4.1 on i386/glibc this works as expected.

-- Jan Evert

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally \
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it \
is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended \
recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or \
taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly \
prohibited and may be unlawful. Vialis is neither liable for the proper and complete \
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in \
its receipt.