List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: svn commit: trunk/busybox/networking/udhcp
From:       Denis Vlasenko <vda.linux () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2006-12-22 23:25:29

On Friday 22 December 2006 12:55, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> You force anybody to create three superfluous directories. Why?

In light of below:

-s,--script=file Run file at dhcp events (default: /usr/share/udhcpc/default.script)

I do not force anybody. I usually explicitly use this option.

Rationale for this change:

* /share top-level directory is not common
* help text was saying "/usr/share/..."
* I wanted to close a bug in bugzilla :)

> Mind if i change that to
> #ifdef CONFIG_INSTALL_NO_USR
> # define DEFAULT_SCRIPT  "/etc/dhclient-script"
> #else
> #define DEFAULT_SCRIPT  "/usr/share/udhcpc/default.script"
> #endif

In principle, it's ok. However, the program is called "udhcpc", not
"dhclient". Something like /etc/udhcpc-script or /etc/udhcpc/script
(and please modify usage.h also)

> $  dpkg -S /etc/dhclient-script
> dhcp-client: /etc/dhclient-script

You wanted to say something, but I failed to understand this
part (never had a debian system, sorry).
--
vda