List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: rpm Install Scripts
From:       Rob Landley <rob () landley ! net>
Date:       2006-11-28 18:03:08

On Monday 27 November 2006 3:47 pm, jason heddings wrote:
> I'm trying to create an RPM that utilizes an install script in %pre to check
> for the existence of a user.  It does not appear that the script is being
> run, however.  Even a simple echo test in this section doesn't seem to do
> much.  I've tested the RPM on full-blown Fedora, and the echo prints happily
> to the screen.
>
> Can anyone help out with this behavior?  Do I need to do something different
> to get the script to run under busybox?

The busybox rpm command is more "rpm2cpio --install" than anything else.  It
doesn't support pre or post scripts, doesn't maintain a repository...

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery