List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: svn commit: trunk/busybox: procps util-linux
From:       Rob Landley <rob () landley ! net>
Date:       2006-10-28 18:37:27

On Friday 27 October 2006 8:04 pm, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> > Did you mean PRIu64 ?
>
> I don't know what that is - off_t format string?
> (Compile problem is due to typo, should be OFF_FMT)

It's a #define with a string snippet guaranteed to be the right escape
sequence to print out a uint64_t in printf.  Using it generally involves
taking advantage of automatic string constant concatenation, ala the
following snippet from our current hdparm.c:

  printf("(%"PRIu64" GB)\n", bbbig/1000);

Yeah, you have to supply your own "%" so you can do things like specify how
many digits you want, zero padding, etc.

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery