List:       busybox
Subject:    ping: broken
From:       "Shaun Jackman" <sjackman () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-05-30 22:15:05

Can somebody verify for me that there's something wrong with ping? It
looks to me as though it transmits 64 bytes, and then checks that 192
bytes were written, which fails.

Cheers,
Shaun

networking/ping.c:111

	char packet[DEFDATALEN + MAXIPLEN + MAXICMPLEN];
	c = sendto(pingsock, packet, DEFDATALEN + ICMP_MINLEN, 0,
			   (struct sockaddr *) &pingaddr, sizeof(struct sockaddr_in));

	if (c < 0 || c != sizeof(packet))
		bb_perror_msg_and_die("sendto");