List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: dpkg problems
From:       Rob Landley <rob () landley ! net>
Date:       2006-04-27 14:39:08

On Monday 24 April 2006 1:01 pm, Tim Bots wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I have busybox compiled recently (version 1.1.2) with the "allyesconfig"
> (exept debug options (don't know the name anymore)). After that I entered
> the config and selected sh as default shell

Random comment (I'm behind, and catching up...)

For 1.1.2 and up make defconfig is a better starting point than yesconfig.
It's yesconfig with a sed invocation that currently turns of the following:

USING_CROSS_COMPILER
CONFIG_DEBUG*
CONFIG_STATIC
CONFIG_SELINUX
CONFIG_BUILD_AT_ONCE
CONFIG_BUILD_LIBBUSYBOX
CONFIG_FEATURE_DEVFS
CONFIG_FEATURE_FULL_LIBBUSYBOX
CONFIG_FEATURE_SHARED_BUSYBOX
CONFIG_FEATURE_MTAB_SUPPORT
CONFIG_FEATURE_CLEAN_UP
CONFIG_FEATURE_UDHCP_DEBUG
CONFIG_INSTALL_NO_USR

If  you're doing yesconfig and turning off debug yourself, you probably also
want to turn off at least static, selinux, devfs, and CLEAN_UP (which is is
more or less a debug option at the moment anyway).

Just FYI.

Rob