List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [gmail] Re: busybox Reboot
From:       Marc Leeman <marc.leeman () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-28 11:32:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> Ridiculing me for sticking with a 2.2 kernel sure is nice of you ;-)

You're kidding, the guy that stated said (more or less) that for
copyright/GPL purposes, you should not start with an exising driver, but
start from scratch and copy in the code later was not scandinavian :)

No ridiculing intended :(

My point was only that putting some effort in keeping your target up to
date with current releases pays off in the end. But I understand your
hickups, I've had such one with the 2.6.12 kernel where my network
FPGA driver stopped tx'ing. But it was very obvious that it was my driver
that was at fault :)

Also the e100 2.4.x driver performs better for load balancing than the
2.6.x kernel, so I had to hack in that one instead of the 2.6.x e100
driver (still queued for decent fixing though).

--
  greetz, marc
Come out, come out wherever you are and see the young man that fell