List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: svn 14235
From:       Rob Landley <rob () landley ! net>
Date:       2006-02-28 6:11:53

On Monday 27 February 2006 4:38 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> Rob,
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 08:12:36PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't support it but i don't feel like going havoc just a few seconds
> >> before a stable release.
> >
> >I'm seriously tempted to drop a 1.1.1-pre0 and unfreeze things for the
> > macosx and build system stuff.
>
> So what's the status of the 1.1.1 release or an unfreeze and a -pre1?

This weekend I've been busy with other things, and I have to be at the airport
at 5:30am tuesday.  (And ten hours after that I have a dentist appointment.)
I hate being the bottleneck...

I bumped the sed nul thing to 1.1.2 because it got too big.  That leaves mount
and passwd as the only two blocking issues.

I'm focusing on the mount thing right now because I wrote that.  If somebody
else wants to review and check in Tito's passwd and obscure.c rewrites, I can
check in any fixes I need to make on top of that after they hit the tree.  (I
need to stop being a bottleneck for that sort of thing.)

> I need to apply one other fix in order to please my alpha box, which
> otherwise complains about "Too many open files" when the */Makefile
> include ../Rules.mak:
>
> find */ -name Makefile | xargs sed -i -e "
> /top_srcdir=../i ifndef top_srcdir
> /top_srcdir=../a endif
> /top_builddir=../i ifndef top_builddir
> /top_builddir=../a endif
> "
> i.e.:
> - for building out-of-tree, make sure make(1) sees the full path to
>   the included files so it groks that it already included a given file.
>   Fixes building out-of-tree for ulimit -n 1024 (worked fine with
>   ulimit -n 8192).

Go for it.

Rob