List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: busybox as self hosting posix env?
From:       Rob Landley <rob () landley ! net>
Date:       2006-02-28 4:02:57

On Monday 27 February 2006 10:21 am, Rogelio Serrano wrote:
> Be able to bootstrap, binutils, uclibc and gcc with only busybox, gcc,
> and binutils installed.
>
> I almost succeded bootstraping gcc that way a year ago but i dont
> remember the exact problem that had me stumped.

This system is based on Linux From Scratch, which means it builds a /tools
directory (containing busybox, uclibc, linux-libc-headers, gcc, binutils,
make, and bash), and then builds a new Linux system with that as its chroot
environment.

I haven't tried rebuilding it under the resulting system recently.  (It hasn't
got any sane init scripts and such.  I need to configure mdev to
populate /dev and such.  Shouldn't be too hard.)

Needing bash is because I don't trust the current busybox shell mess.  I have
a pending rewrite (bbsh) unifying it all, and my main test environment is my
firmware build.

Rob