List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: some patch reminder
From:       "Roberto A. Foglietta" <me () roberto ! foglietta ! name>
Date:       2006-01-24 9:15:10

Rob Landley ha scritto:
> On Monday 23 January 2006 09:48, Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>  is there any chance to see applied these for 1.1.1 ?
>>

>>0000615
>>  A  sed convert 0x00 to 0x0a
>>Other - 01-09-06 10:15
>

> The bug is a priority for me to fix, but I'm uncomfortable with the third
> patch and have to look at it more closely.  (The fix jumped from <1k to
> almost 8k and now touches get_next_line().  It seems to be taking the right
> general approach now, but my hackles got raised and I now I have to re-audit
> the sed code to make sure it all still makes sense to me.  I'll take a stab
> at it tonight.)

  Most size is only for a name variable changes.
  The name changed because its role chenged.
  Probably I was wrong to think it was usefull that name change...

>>0000347
>>  A  tar: Decompression failed returns exit status 0 even error happened
>>Standards Compliance - 12-28-05 19:31
>

> The reason I haven't applied this yet is there are 8 different patches
> attached to the bug, and they're all really big.  Either it wasn't an easy
> issue to figure out how to fix, or else the patch is doing a lot of unrelated
> things.  Neither fills me with confidence.
>
> But yeah, it needs to be fixed.

  The reason because there are 8 patches is because I was at FIRST
patching experience when start with this bug.

  Cheers,
--
Roberto A. Foglietta
http://www.roberto.foglietta.name