List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: problem with losetup
From:       Rob Landley <rob () landley ! net>
Date:       2005-12-21 17:04:21

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 07:27, Bruno Cornec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new on this ML, and don't know yet how it works for bug reports.
> I've created one in the repository
> (http://bugs.busybox.net/view.php?id=609).
>
> Do I need to provide more info here ? Should I report it here rather ?

Ok, your bug basically seems to be "can't get losetup to work".  In any
version.  I have to guess at what might be wrong...

I poked around a bit and found that A) I had an endless loop bug if you ran
losetup as non-root (it did a continue without testing that you were trying a
specific loop device rather than trying all possible loop devices), B) the
error message wasn't displaying (intialized the error return code to 1, which
means mounted read only, not -1, which means error).

Plus a couple minor tweaks (remove a newline from the usage message, and
display a usage message rather than a strange "error: success" message for
"losetup -d /dev/loop0 useless_second_argument".

Wanna give it another stab with the version currently in svn?  (If you haven't
got svn, grab tonight's snapshot from the downloads/snapshots directory.  I
believe it'll be the december 22 one.)

Rob