List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Boggling at fdisk.c
From:       Rob Landley <rob () landley ! net>
Date:       2005-11-29 12:43:08

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 04:29, Rob Sullivan wrote:
> OK, so it seems that the stty patch should be left alone if my
> application of getopt is incorrect.
>
> > Really?
> > The current disscussion tread very strange for me.
> > I did not see a problem, only any wild shout,
> > especially demonstration of concrete problem places in the fdisk utility.
> >
> > I always ready for correction my supported busybox applets.
>
> Are you the maintainer of fdisk? Personally I'd suggest a complete
> rewrite simply due to the sort of code that's in there - printf calls
> with underscores in them (shudders)...

Vladimir maintains several "ports" of mainstream applets.  As long as it
works, the fact it's 5000 lines long and merely has "busybox" painted on the
side doesn't seem to bother him.

The last argument we had over this was inetd, where he resynced with the
source he ported it from, making the applet hundreds of bytes larger without
documenting the advantage.

But this whole issue is 1.2 material.  Document which apps could be shrunk
more than 50% by rewriting them, but let's ship 1.1 before worrying about it.