List:       busybox
Subject:    ifupdown help
From:       Chey <chey.smith () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-26 15:18:30

Hello all,
   Hopefully this will be quick or painless...preferably both.

I'm using the ifupdown functionality in my busybox application and am
in need of the manual method as found in the Debian version but unsure
of how to go about this. My first question would be, does anyone have
a patch for this? If so, i would greatly appreciate it if you could
send it to me. If not, I guess I would need to figure out how to add
that functionality myself and want to run it by someone
quickly....here are my thoughts. Keep in mind, I am no C programmer
but I do dabble in some other languages so I have somewhat of an idea
on how to do this (stressing the somewhat).

The idea of the manual entry is that ifupdown will only process the
underlying command options with in the stanza and exit...i'm guessing.

Here is how I would add the manual method functionality to ifupdown.c
(subject to criticism of course :)

1.) Add two functions manual_up and manual_down which i guess would
simply return(0) since nothing will be done...or should something be
done?
2.) and add a "manual" entry to the methods[] struct

It seems that would only add manual support for the IPv4 family. If I
needed the manual method for the other familys I would need to create
the appropriate functions and add "manual" to the appropriate method
structs related to that family... correct???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chey