List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: Monotone repository
From:       "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2005-11-22 10:21:14

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Rob Landley wrote:

> On Monday 21 November 2005 14:08, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> > Are there any users of the Monotone source control system here?
> > And, if so, is anyone maintaining a public Monotone repository
> > tracking the official Subversion repository?
>
> Never heard of it, sorry.  Poked a bit at Mercurial as an
> alternative to setting up my own SVN server for Firmware Linux, but
> too many to-do items to put any time into it yet...

the openembedded project uses monotone for the OE stuff.  personally,
unless one has really novel needs for revision control, i figure
subversion is the smartest choice at the moment, given its similarity
to CVS and the wealth of CVS experience out there.  i don't see where
using something as different as monotone buys you anything when
subversion is available.

rday