List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: modprobe and more than one option in /etc/modules.conf
From:       Rob Landley <rob () landley ! net>
Date:       2005-09-28 4:24:16

On Tuesday 27 September 2005 09:21, zze-homelan Yann E. MORIN ext RD-RESA-REN
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We are using busybox-1.01 and modprobe'ing our modules.

A perennial problem, yes. :)

> This behavior was introduced in revision 11043:
> http://busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=11043&view=rev

Yup, washing through sh is a security problem and unnecessary requirement.

> I'm working on a replacement for this line 416. I'll be
> looking in ash's argument splitting to see how it is handled
> there (obviously we can't simply cut on spaces as there might
> be options that are quoted to integrate spaces, blahblah...).
> If any one has a better idea, please ring the bell!

In theory we have code in several places to parse command line options.  Not
just the stuff built into the command shell, but also util-linux/getopt.c.

To this day, I haven't been able to figure out what that command is _for_...

Rob