List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] Adding the 'file' command to busybox.
From:       Jason Schoon <floydpink () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-07-26 21:55:57

Seconded.  I absolutely love the file command (cross-compiling has
been linked to insanity I'm pretty sure) and wish I had it on my
embedded target.  However, it just isn't worth it after considering
all of the magic file stuff.

This is a standalone program with its own dependencies that doesnt'
work well on small, embedded systems.  That is pretty much the
opposite of Busybox's intentions.