List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] Re: [patch] zcip for busybox (rfc3927)
From:       Rob Landley <rob () landley ! net>
Date:       2005-04-30 23:26:52

On Saturday 30 April 2005 03:44 pm, Tito wrote:
> On Saturday 30 April 2005 04:49, you wrote:
> > On Tuesday 19 April 2005 03:10 pm, Tito wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > this is a first attempt of size optimization for zcip taking into
> > > account all the hints given so far on the list.
> >
> > I checked in 0418b.  Can you give me a patch relative to the current CVS?
> >
> > Rob
>
> On Tuesday 19 April 2005 21:10, Tito wrote and today added:
> > Hi,
> > this is a first attempt of size optimization for zcip taking into account
> > all the hints given so far on the list.
> > I've applied just the more obvious busyboxifications so maybe it could be
> > optimized more.
>
> BTW: I've ripped out  a lot of debug code and changed c++ // comments to /*
> */ as both were rather confusing for a newbie like me. ;-)
> Sorry to the author for that.
> I know that this makes mantaining the code easier, but I'm simple
> minded....

A quick read-through showed that a lot of the changes here are really white
noise (turning comments that start with /** into /* and such), so I'm a bit
nervous about applying this, but I've applied it anyway on the theory that it
was posted to the list quite some time ago and if somebody objected I missed
it.  (And presumably I can revert it if somebody tells me that was a bad
call.)  And I want to catch up with the patch backlog...

Speaking of which, I need to edit the Authors file to add a maintainer for
zcip.  I'm guessing David Brownell would be that guy?

Rob