List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] syslog -R option is not working
From:       kanhu rauta <kanhucharanrauta () yahoo ! co ! in>
Date:       2005-03-22 10:35:06

Hi all,

I am using BusyBox v0.60.4 with uClinux.
I have selected the klogd and syslogd options of
busybox on compilation.
When I load this image on my gateway,both process has
started successfully.
/>ps
 PID TTY     Uid        Size State Command
   1         root          0   S   /sbin/init
   2         root          0   S   [keventd]
   3         root          0   S   [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
   4         root          0   S   [kswapd]
   5         root          0   S   [bdflush]
   6         root          0   S   [kupdated]
  51         root          0   S   /bin/dhcpd LAN
  77         root          0   S   chois -gserver
54273
  80         root          0   S   /bin/dnsmasq -r
/etc/resolv.dnsmasq
  84 ttyS0   root          0   S   /bin/sh
  85         root          0   S   /bin/inetd
  86         root          0   S   /bin/syslogd -n
  87         root          0   S   /bin/klogd -n
  90 ttyS0   root          0   R   ps

I get the kernel log messages in the file
/var/log/messages.

I want to forward this kernel  log to a remote
machine,Then i exucute the follwing command

/>/bin/syslogd -R 192.168.5.4:514 &
/>ps

PID TTY     Uid        Size State Command
 1          root          0   S   /sbin/init
 2          root          0   S   [keventd]
 3          root          0   S   [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
 4          root          0   S   [kswapd]
 5          root          0   S   [bdflush]
 6          root          0   S   [kupdated]
 51         root          0   S   /bin/dhcpd LAN
 77         root          0   S   chois -gserver 54273
 80         root          0   S   /bin/dnsmasq -r
/etc/resolv.dnsmasq
 84 ttyS0      root          0   S   /bin/sh
 85            root          0   S   /bin/inetd
 86            root          0   S   /bin/syslogd -n
      87             root          0   S   /bin/klogd
-n
 89 ttyS0      root          0   S   /bin/syslogd -R
192.168.5.4:514
 93 ttyS0      root          0   R   ps

The machine 192.168.5.4 is reachable from my
gateway(able to ping).
The syslogd service on 192.168.5.4 is able to listen
on remote machine.(Its /var/log/messages shows the log
of 3-machines).
But i am unable to get the Log of Gateway(192.168.5.1)
on This machine(192.168.5.4).

Sorry for my poor english,
Please help me.

With Regards