List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] New busybox to-do list.
From:       Rob Landley <rob () landley ! net>
Date:       2005-01-25 0:23:24

On Monday 24 January 2005 02:26 pm, Josh wrote:
> The less tool from asmutils is very sweet (and written in assembly -
> ie, tiny.) and is released under the GPL... would only work on x86
> platforms thought...
>
> Just a thought...
>
> Josh

That does sound nice, but not assembly.

I'm considering buying an imac mini next month (well I wanna play world of
warcraft!) and that means I'd be playing with a power PC Linux partition.  On
the x86 side of things, it's all going x86-64 over the next three years...

On the other hand, there's no need for curses.  ANSI escape sequences are good
enough.  (They may be a bit ugly, but they're small and simple and supported
by Linux since 1992.)

I've pondered writing a dumb little "not curses/termcap" library that exposes
the appropriate library binding and just outputs ANSI, but I'd have to learn
those two libraries first...

Rob