List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] Nope, mount isn't accepting long options.
From:       Rob Landley <rob () landley ! net>
Date:       2005-01-20 6:50:51

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 11:10 pm, Chris Larson wrote:
> * Rob Landley (rob@landley.net) wrote:
> > Downloaded a CVS snapshot.  Did a "make allyesconfig", and the result was
> > not an improvement:
> >
> > bash-2.05b# mount --bind
> > mount: illegal option -- -
> > mount: illegal option -- b
> > mount: illegal option -- i
> > mount: illegal option -- d
>
> Why not just use mount -o bind?

Because I didn't know about it, and the non-busybox "mount -?" and mount
manpage don't mention it?  (They mention --bind and --move and such,  but
don't mention bind or move in the -o option list?  Yes, the man page has a
mount option list, but bind and move aren't in it.)

Having tried it, though, it works fine.  Thanks. :)

So the undocumented way of doing it works in busybox, but the documented way
does not.  Hmmm...  Calls for a man page patch, I think...

Rob