List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] Ping interval option
From:       Roberto Alcantara <roberto () fortalnet ! com ! br>
Date:       2004-12-21 12:18:49

Hi guys.
This is my first post in BusyBox list, then I don't know if we
have other space to send this patch (or format). Please tell me. ;)

Without size cost, I add one basic (and very util, to me ;) ) function in
ping command. It's -i option from "big" default unix ping (interval between
each ICMP package).

busybox/networking/ping.c
60a61
> static const int PINGINTERVAL = 1;            /* second */
174d174
< static int pinginterval = 1; /* in seconds  */
244c244
<               alarm(pinginterval);
---
>               alarm(PINGINTERVAL);
423,428d422
<         case 'i':
<              if (--argc <= 0)
<                                       bb_show_usage();
<            argv++;
<            pinginterval = atoi(*argv);
<            break;

busybox/include/usage.h
1888d1887
<       "\t-i INTERVAL\tWait interval seconds between sending each
packet.\n" \

To all team, congratulations: BusyBox it's a great tool ;)

Regards,
Roberto Alcantara
--

   Roberto Alcantara Filho          e-mail:  roberto@fortalnet.com.br