List:       busybox
Subject:    Re: [BusyBox] busybox: linux and kernel-headers target
From:       Erik Andersen <andersen () codepoet ! org>
Date:       2004-10-27 20:08:12

On Mon Oct 18, 2004 at 09:39:47AM +0200, Jan Lana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The current CVS version has two independent kernel packages:
>  - toolchain/kernel-headers
>  - packages/linux

These are separate for a reason.  The main reason it is allows
you to nuke and rebuild the kernel without needed to rebuild the
toolchain, which used to be a problem before they were seperated.
I'd rather keep these entirely separate as they are currently.

As for the package/linux/ stuff, that is basically setup to build
a linux kernel that works on the wireless access point that lives
in my wife's office.  Obviously for any other use it would be
necessary for people to customize the thing to suit whatever they
are planning on building.

 -Erik