List:       busybox
Subject:    [BusyBox] Problems combining the busybox httpd with apache
From:       "Rory Vieira" <rory.vieira () coolview ! nl>
Date:       2004-09-29 10:23:57

Hi,

I have a tiny problem combining the busybox httpd and apache's httpd.
I use apache for the servers main webserver, and busybox for it's
'administration' site.

The problem is, that the busybox httpd doesn't write it's own pid-file.
Another problem is that when the busybox httpd starts up, it's name is
'busybox'.
To solve the last one, I'm using the 'start-stop-daemon' for it.

Eg:
I'm starting the busybox httpd with:
  start-stop-daemon -S -q -p /var/run/httpd.pid -x /usr/sbin/httpd -- -h
/var/www
I'm killing the busybox httpd with:
  killall `pidof httpd`
I should be killing it with:
  kill -TERM `cat /var/run/httpd.pid`

Currently I'm stuck with the fact that start-stop-daemon writes the
WRONG pid into
the file. I solve this by using:
  echo `pidof httpd` > /var/run/httpd.pid

This seems cool enough, if it weren't for the fact that apache's httpd
is called
exactly the same. Running the above command while apache is running is
going to be
a problem. However, with apache I've got the option to store the pid
somewhere else.

Can anyone come up with a solution to this seemingly minor problem?
The best solution would be to have busybox httpd write it's own pid iso
relying on
start-stop-daemon.

Thanks in advance for any help given,
Rory Vieira