List:       busybox
Subject:    RE: [BusyBox] init does not kill reparented processes (MYSTERY SOLVED)
From:       <iggarpe () terra ! es>
Date:       2004-08-30 7:58:19

I just noticed another odd behaviour in the current init.c regarding zombie
processes. If one of the "respawn" entries in inittab is continuously
respawning (fortunately, the sleep(1) in the loop keeps this from sucking
all the CPU), zombie processes do not get reaped. I just read the code again
and could not find a reason for this...

Nacho.

---